Virtual Architecture Research Center carries out a wide variety of scientific and applied research on Architecture, Heritage, 3D laser scanning, high-quality imaging, and BIM.
Recent Books publications
Challenges, Potentialities, and Issues
The main aim of this book is to develop and explore the value of new innovative digital content to help satisfy UNESCO’s World Heritage nomination file requirements. Through a detailed exploration of two BIM case studies from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the book uniquely connects the use of Heritage BIM to the documentation methods used by UNESCO and demonstrates how this provides a contribution to both countries with heritage sites and UNESCO as an organization. The research and practical examples in the book seek to address both the lack of a comprehensive method of submitting a nomination file to UNESCO and the lack of authentic engineering information in countries where extensive heritage sites exist.
By Dr. Ahmad Baik
- Baik, A., 2019. From Point Cloud to Existing Bim for Modelling and Simulation Purposes. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences 42
- Yaagoubi, R., Al-Gilani, A., Baik, A., Alhomodi, E., Miky, Y., 2018. SEH-SDB: a semantically enriched historical spatial database for documentation and preservation of monumental heritage based on CityGML. Applied Geomatics 1–16.
- Baik, A. (2017). From Point Cloud to Jeddah Heritage BIM- Nasif Historical House – case study, Digital Applications in Archaeology and Cultural HeritageVolume 4, March 2017, Pages 1–18.
- Baik, A. (2017). Digital Heritage Documentation Via TLS And Photogrammetry Case Study, The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES) || Volume || 6 || Issue || 1 || Pages || PP 57-75 || 2017 || ISSN (e):2319 –1813 ISSN (p):2319 –1805
- Baik, A. and Alitany, A. (2018): FROM ARCHITECTURAL PHOTOGRAMMETRY TOWARD DIGITAL ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE EDUCATION, Int. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens. Spatial Inf. Sci., XLII-2, 49-54, https://doi.org/10.5194/isprs-archives-XLII-2-49-2018.
- Baik, A., Boehm, J. (2017). Hijazi architectural object library (HAOL), The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XLII-2/W3, 2017 3D Virtual Reconstruction and Visualization of Complex Architectures, 1–3 March 2017, Nafplio, Greece
- Baik, A; Boehm, J; (2015).Building Information Modelling for Historical Building Historic Jeddah – Saudi Arabia, Digital Heritage Conference, Granada (2015).
- Baik, A; Yaagoubi, R; Boehm, J ;( 2015). Integration of Jeddah Historical BIM and 3D GIS for Documentation and restoration of historical monument, International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences – ISPRS Archives.
- Ahmad Baik (2016) Documentation of the Nasif Historical House, in Historical Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Using Terrestrial Laser Scanning and Image Survey Methods. Proceedings of the Eighth Saudi Students Conference in the UK: pp. 767-780.
- Baik, A., Alitany, A., Boehm, J., & Robson, S. (2014). Jeddah Historical Building Information Modelling “JHBIM” – Object Library. ISPRS Annals of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, II-5, 41-47. doi:10.5194/isprsannals-II-5-41-2014.
- Baik, A., Boehm, J., & Robson, S. (2013). Jeddah historical building information modeling “JHBIM” Old Jeddah – Saudi Arabia. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences – ISPRS Archives, 40 (5W2), 73-78. International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
- Baik, A., Boehm, J. (2017). Jeddah Heritage Building Information Modelling (JHBIM), chapter 11 of Heritage BIM (HBIM) Book.
- Hess, M., Baik, A. (2018). Digital techniques for documenting and preserving cultural heritage, chapter of 3D LASER SCANNING.